Full-time Publication Designer / Graphic Designer position opening
MillerCox is interviewing for a talented and experienced publication designer to add to our family-friendly office. If you are looking for a challenging position that will allow you to develop and grow as a publication and graphic designer, this may be the position for you.
We are looking for someone who has been art-directed in a studio environment or similar, and has a highly-refined portfolio of publication work. You should be confident in managing a design project from start to finish, with careful attention to detail. The ideal team member will be comfortable providing exceptional service to our clients, that is always friendly and helpful. You will contribute to creative briefs, overseeing and/or executing design, and coordinating with clients to present solutions that meet the goals set out in the creative brief, all the time working within defined budgets and timelines.
You will need to be a creative, conceptual and experienced publication designer who wears a lot of hats including project management, prepress, and quality control. You will need to enjoy and effectively manage multiple projects/tasks of varying complexities, meet deadlines, and deliver error-free work.
This position is with a friendly, home-based design firm that values finely-crafted design work and fresh, creative thinking. We are open to partial telecommuting arrangements with the right set up. This is a full-time position with some flexibility in scheduling hours.
- Outstanding (art directed) portfolio of print publication work
- Two-years of publication design experience
- Solid working knowledge of InDesign, Illustrator (logos and graphs), photoshop (retouching and color-correcting)
- Positive work history in studio or corporate environment
- Honest and reliable with a great attitude and fun to be around.
It’s important for us to let you know that MillerCox follows a values-based approach to hiring. These are our core values:
- Our process is collaborative and team-oriented
- Our communication, internally, and with clients and vendors is solutions-focused
- We are reliable, friendly and helpful with each other, our partners, and our clients
- We are lifelong learners.
Please e-mail email@example.com with your resume and —
- Explain why you are a good fit for this position, based on our values and requirements, as stated above
- Point to a web link with your best publication design sample PDFs (or a dropbox link with sample PDFs)
- Briefly describe your ideal job situation (full time/part time; # of working hours; onsite/telecommute or a blend)
- Provide an acceptable salary range
- Provide an ideal start date.
Thanks for your interest and your time in responding. We look forward to hearing from you!
Referrals to top talent are appreciated and are compensated for their efforts. Thank you for sending candidates our way!